At the end of every year, I compose a review of the top ten shows that I attended. This year. I posted my commentary to my website on New Year’s Day. While I prefer to post on the eve, this year and last I posted on the first day of the year. As with 2018, many of the shows received coverage in this Gotham space (View the links to review those past blogs also linked in the commentary.).
Interestingly one-half of the 2018 top list list finds representation in the list that follows:
1) John Fogerty at Radio City
2) Elton John at Nassau Coliseum
3) The Peter Frampton Finale – The Farewell Tour at Madison Square Garden
4) Brian Wilson with Al Jardine & Blondie Chaplin and The Zombies’ Something Great From ’68 at the Beacon Theatre
7) Jim Messina at My Father’s Place
8) Richie Furay’s 75th Birthday at SOPAC (South Orange Performing Arts Center)
9) King Crimson’s 2019 Celebration 50th Anniversary at Radio City
10) ‘It Was 50 Years Ago Today’ - Todd Rundgren, Micky Dolenz, Christopher Cross, Badfinger’s Joey Molland & Chicago’s Jason Scheff – A Tribute to The Beatles White Album at The Theatre at Westbury
Shows not on the list but covered in blogs include:
*John Lennon Tribute Concert (including Natalie Merchant, Joan Osborne and Willie Nile)
*Robert Gordon with guitarist extraordinaire Chris Spedding
*Savoy Brown featuring Kim Simmonds
So comment on the list, share your own noteworthy show(s) and even concert plans for this year in the comments section (Already this year I have four shows lined up including three in one weekend.).