[Fredslist] When you are alerted to take shelter, do it!

Jane Beddall JB at dovetailresolutions.com
Mon May 21 12:27:09 EDT 2018

Hello, Gotham --

When an alert on your phone says "tornado warning, seek shelter", Do It!

It may be tempting to think that such a warning in the tri-state area is an overreaction, that you might be okay ignoring it, that you have time to debate what to do.

As you may know, four tornadoes were confirmed in Connecticut last Tuesday. Our road was in the path of a tornado that peaked at 110 mph.  My husband and I were at home late on Tuesday afternoon when alerts sounded on our phones. I had two feet on the basement floor and my husband was behind me on the stairs when a large tree hit our house and punched a hole in the roof. Our neighbors experienced a tree crashing into the (empty) bedroom of their seven-year-old child. No one was injured and we are all very grateful for that.

Please be safe and take these sorts of warnings seriously!

Warm regards,

Jane Beddall

Jane Beddall, M.A., J.D.
Dovetail Resolutions, LLC