[Fredslist] Problem with Dell printer

IrisWolinsky at aol.com IrisWolinsky at aol.com
Wed Jul 1 20:35:14 EDT 2015

Hi Networkers,

   I bought a new Dell desktop system last August including an  All in One
laser printer (model 1165 nfw) - a lesser product than  my prior one which
they'd discontinued (MFP 1815  dn).  With just light use, it stopped
functioning in  April.  After trouble shooting I was told I needed a new  cartridge,
which they sent me, but it made no difference.  I got all  the same
messages re drawer open, etc. as before, plus the 1 paper I ran thru it  tore.
They offered me a refurbished unit of same model but I have no  faith in this
product so don't want that.

   My questions are - what type of smaller office All in One  do people
recommend- HP, Brother or ?  A model #  helpful if known- and I realize models
change  regularly.
   Secondly, I'd like to return this unit to Dell and request  they remove
the relatively small price from my balance, which would  zero me out.  (Next
payment due on 15th.) Any recommendations how to  achieve that (since I've
had it over 30 days)?   This  printer is junk IMO and I don't want
refurbished junk.  Needless to  say I've wasted hours on this & want to bring this
matter to  closure.

   Thanks very much for your suggestions!

   Sincerely,