[Fredslist] Yes, fellow Gothamites...you missed it!

David Henry david at telenoticiasusa.com
Wed Sep 12 11:04:42 EDT 2007

If you weren't at the combined Gotham Hispanic / Working Moms group meeting
yesterday, I think you missed one of the better Gotham experiences of the
year.  It turns out that both group's meetings were scheduled for yesterday,
9/11.  We thought it would be a great idea to combine the two groups.and we
were right!

Both groups have a very strong sense of community: Latinos are all about
community and inclusion, and the Working Moms Group has a very special bond
and sense of community.  The "cross pollination" of both groups created an
even stronger Gotham community and experience.

We also had a rare occurrence: both Fred AND Nancy were at the same meeting
(I'm told this doesn't happen often).  After the normal introductions, Fred
asked us to either comment on 9/11 or about our working moms.  It was
touching to hear everyone's stories and comments about 9/11 and also about
our working moms.many stories brought both together.  We even learned that
our fellow Gothamite (and Hispanic Group Member), David Valetk, was an army
reservist who, after the planes hit, put on his uniform and reported for
duty.  He told us that he "was ready to die for my country"!  We salute
David and all the men and women in uniform who have served or are currently
serving our country.

The room was full with members, circuit riders and guests.  And to prove
that the meeting was truly awesome, not one, but two guests (who were
attending their first Gotham meeting) said that if this was what all Gotham
meetings were like, that we could look forward to seeing them again..and of
course they are, and I know we will!

I think everyone enjoyed the experience of meeting new Gotham faces and
experience another group in Gotham.  Look out for future combined meetings;
I think Gotham Hispanic will explore joint meetings with other groups in the
future.

David P. Henry

President

TeleNoticias / NovoMedia