[Fredslist] Focus on the "savers..."

Shelley Simpson, JD; Entrepreneur simpson.shelley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 12:09:15 EST 2022

It is said that what we focus on grows. So focusing on good things makes total sense. In fact it is the mission and focus of the Gotham Green® Group to focus on individuals, businesses and non-profit groups that are doing good work in the area of sustainability. Fred Klein calls this group the “save the world group.”

The winners of the 2022 Gotham Green Award® are making a difference in a variety of ways, and by recognizing their achievements and offering an opportunity to raise awareness of their work, Gotham has become an active participant in the sustainability movement. We gathered this week to recognize and honor this year's winners.

In the Green Business category, Michael Rager and Juan Espindola accepted the award for VIVCHI’s <https://www.vivchi.com/agricultural-products> CORNEX SP the only true 4-4-4 Organic Vegan Fertilizer on the market today. They were nominated by this chronicler. I met Michael on Clubhouse and it was in our follow up phone calls that I learned about this important and exciting endeavor. Yes, the fun is in the follow up.

Gotham’s own  <https://www.gothamnetworking.com/markjfoley>Mark Foley <https://www.gothamnetworking.com/markjfoley>, the Folson Group, was nominated by Alison Orlando in the Green Building Category for making Co-operative and Condominium Buildings in and around NYC energy efficient, carbon neutral and GREEN. Both Mark and Alison are in the Real Estate Group. Alison serves as Group Coordinator of that group.

The indomitable and delightful Kelly Wells, nominated one of our NY Health and Longevity Group, Sylvie Beljanski <https://www.gothamnetworking.com/SBeljanski> the founder of Maison Beljanski. They were recognized for bringing plant-based health products to market using unique and environmentally sound plant harvesting practices. Sylvie has also been a generous host to Gotham meetings and events at Maison Beljanski.

Nuskin Enterprises Inc, nominated by Deborah Farkash <https://www.gothamnetworking.com/DeborahFarkash>, another member of NY Health and Longevity, was recognized in the Green Product category for her company's   Bioadaptive skin care products. Kelly Wells, who serves as the Group Coordinator & Chair of the NY Health and Longevity Goup, offered a lovely introduction.

 <https://www.gothamnetworking.com/Bernard_Dolington>Bernie Dolington <https://www.gothamnetworking.com/Bernard_Dolington>, another long time member of Gotham proudly accepted on behalf of his employer, TD Bank, in the Green Building category for expanding their number of LEED-certified stores to 200. Cheering him on was Limor Brantz of Gotham Queens who also is with TD Bank and who initially brought Bernie to Gotham.

Erin Wiens, the Education and Outreach Coordinator for Fabscrap, <https://fabscrap.org/> was nominated by Rosalia Ruberto, our Gotham Administrative Coordinator. Rosalia discovered Fabscrap when she was visiting her local library. Fabscrap is a textile recycling non-profit, based in Brooklyn and Philadelphia, working to end commercial textile “waste.”

Congratulations to the winners! Thank you for the work you do. And thank you to those who focused on the “savers” and took the time to bring their work to the attention of the Gotham Green® group. Thanks also to Corey Bearak, Joshua Zinder and Fred Klein for co-chairing the group and spearheading this initiative.

It is also a pleasure to welcome Michael Rager and Erin Weins, to our Gotham Community as new members of the Gotham Green® Group.

Keep an eye on the schedule for 2023. Our winners will each have an opportunity to stand in the spotlight at one of the Gotham Green® meetings to talk about the work they are doing.

The members of Gotham Green®  has already begun scanning the globe for “world savers” to nominate for the 2023 Gotham Green Award® and invite you to do the same. There is plenty of good happening. Let’s focus on that, and see who we can showcase for next year.

shelleygram™️

Shelley Simpson, JD
Business & Affiliate Development
The Juiceplus+ Company & Tower Garden™️
646-549-7217

P.S. For more information call, email, text or click here <https://flow.page/shelleysimpson>  & ask me about our affiliate style program - a nice way to help others, create a steady stream of income and even enjoy a discount on your own orders.