[Fredslist] Small Business Advisory Board Question

Richard Raymond rickraymond at thefamilybusinessleader.com
Fri Jun 10 09:45:33 EDT 2022

I am working with an established second-generation, small business for whom we are establishing an advisory board. They have not had one prior.

Some thinking about advisory boards for small businesses is that members might be compensated by having their expenses covered. I wonder, as an established business and wanting qualified members, if members should be compensated for more than expenses, and how much.

Experiences and recommendations appreciated.

Rick Raymond

The Family Business Leader™
Succession Planning, Family Dynamics, Leadership Performance &
Entrepreneurial Development In Family Businesses
http://www.thefamilybusinessleader.com/ <http://www.thefamilybusinessleader.com/>

Founder
The Growth Team
http://www.thegrowthteam.org <http://www.thegrowthteam.org/>

Contemplative Leadership
https://www.rbraymond <https://www.rbraymond/>.com

New York, NY
646-594-5587
“Each generation has the responsibility of bringing to the business their own vision for the future of the business.”

—Samuel Curtis Johnson III, former Chairman, SC Johnson: A Family Company