[Fredslist] Thursday Thoughts ...

Shelley Simpson, Esq simpson.shelley at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:53:37 EST 2021

Rita Hayworth got her start dancing with her father and Bruce Swicker is like Jell-O  Yes, it’s amazing what one can learn while riding the Gotham circuit.

Carmine Goncalves (Wingate Russotti, Shapiro and Halperin) showed up to a meeting in a suit – not just the jacket and tie, he had the pants, shoes and socks -the whole ensemble! Looks like we are making progress on the pandemic! And Matt Nowak (Ehrlich Pest Control) has lots of good news to share! It’s a GIRL!

Ray Walcott (Sr Business Banker/Capitol One Bank) gave a great presentation at the Gotham Power/Business Breakfast. It is great to join forces with Corey Bearak (Government and Public Affairs Counsel) during CoronaTimes. Our two groups are a perfect fit and we are taking advantage of being on Zoom for as long as we can.

For those who have not met Ray, you are missing out. It was clear that over his 20 year career, he has stayed true to his core values, making family and relationships his top priority and focusing on providing the right solutions for the right situation. He’s also fun and has become ubiquitous in Gotham and is a valuable resource.

As someone once said “how you do anything is how you do everything.” So I will bet that when Tom Gallin (John Gallin and Son) does a job there is a precise and purposeful attention to detail. That’s how he runs the meetings of the Construction Group. Tom set up the conversation around what workspaces will be like post-CoronaTimes by  sharing some surprising statistics.. And if you know anyone involved in the construction industry, they need to be part of the conversation so invite them to visit this group. And even if that’s not your bailiwick, we all live or work in buildings and I always learn something when I visit Construction.

So when are you at your best? Co-networker of the year Brad Scherer (Klerer Financial Services) posed that question at Gotham Queens this morning. Lourdes Villanueva Hartrick (Realty Connect USA) stepped up and answered. Do you know Lourdes, the winner of the 2020 Red Bandana Award? Reach out and get to know her – she speaks softly but is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to taking care of business.

Fred Morante kept things moving along like an ongoing conversation. It was a great start to the day. No surprise that the Queens Group took home all the trophies last year – Dan Schwartz (Carr Xerox)the other 2020 Networker of the Year along with Brad zoomed in from Florida.  Lots of success happening in this group! Put it on your schedule for March!

So back to Rita Hayworth …  if you want to stay up on all things celebrity, follow Fred Klein (Klein Zelman Rothermel Jacobs and Schess)  on the socials. He is prolific, interesting and insightful in his posting.   As for Jell-O Bruce will have to explain that himself. Perhaps at Happy Hour Friday @5pm. Be there!

Shelleygram™️

Shelley Simpson, JD/Entrepreneur
Business & Personal Development Partner
646-549-7217

Find out how to reduce systemic inflammation and positively impact your overall health …