[Fredslist] Nothing to whine about at this event ...

Shelley Simpson, Esq simpson.shelley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 08:07:39 EDT 2021

An environmental contractor (Paul Napolitano, Two Sons Environmental) and a lawyer/mediator (Law Offices of David Abeshouse) walk into a bar …

Not just any bar … “Bar Gotham” which recently opened on Zoom where everyone had a box seat. The event was filled to capacity with individuals, couples and a few safely gathered groups

… and these two guys knew exactly what to order. Seriously, they know WINE!

Welcome to the first ever Gotham Networking virtual wine tasting.  Four bottles were carefully selected by David and Paul who shared their knowledge and experience as we all swirled, sipped and enjoyed the wines.

Our experts went so far as to make sure that bottles were available by purchasing cases and making them available for pick up in advance. Noteworthy is the fact that the money received for the wine was donated to the Gotham Foundation. Generosity AND expertise were as abundant as grapes in Sonoma in season!

And so we began … noses poised, taste buds eager and minds open to learning about the grape, the process, and of course the differing opinions. As the wine flowed, so did the discussion and the descriptions …elegant, light, fruity, oaky, dry, corked, and swirl. We learned about legs, tannins, and how to keep leftovers palatable – I doubt there was much need for that!

As with all Gotham events, it was good to have the mute function since the usual cacophony ensued - questions, commentary and conversations going on between zoom boxes. We in Gotham seem to have the unique ability to break that 4th wall and start socializing in some 5th or 6th dimension.

Trying to capture the total essence of the evening would be a futile as trying to describe some of the qualities of the wine as skillfully as our teachers. And while we all experience wine differently, we know now for certain that it’s good to be nosey and there is a reason women have better taste … which many of us know is not limited to wine.

Also among the takeaways is that a good wine is one you like and enjoy. As with the wines there was plenty to like about this event for sure.  Thank you Paul Napolitano and David Abeshouse for your generosity.

Next up …. Our Business Seminar Series on May 12th.  This month Jayne Latz will share tips to help us communicate and enjoy a greater impact.

And the  next Gotham special event on  May 27th will feature Alan Zweibel, the author of “Laugh Lines”  where nce again all members and guests will have their own Zoom box seats.

shelleygram™️

Shelley Simpson, JD/Entrepreneur
Business & Personal Development Partner
646-549-7217

 Find out how you too can grow your own food all year indoors…

Shelley Simpson, JD/Entrepreneur
Business & Personal Development Partner
646-549-7217

More than a Business ~ It’s a Mission!