[Fredslist] Why bother with this Book/Movie Club Thing?

Shelley Simpson, Esq simpson.shelley at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 09:14:08 EST 2020

The Gotham Book/Movie Club is going strong - plan on coming to the next one.

There’s plenty going on in Gotham  - Fredslist, Promos, events, meetings and endless opportunities to promote our businesses.  Why add this book/movie thing? WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH BUSINESS?

Isn’t networking challenging enough? WHY TAKE TIME TO TACKLE DIFFICULT TOPICS?

I was taught that success in anything - especially business - requires consistent and intentional personal and professional growth. Success in business requires that we get really good at understanding the world around us and the humans we share it with. For our businesses to grow, we have to grow and that doesn’t happen in a vacuum.

We all know the Gotham mantra, but have you read the mission statement? I suggest you take a look - it’s on the website. <https://www.gothamnetworking.com/>

The gist of it is that if we in Gotham succeed in creating an environment that stimulates mutual growth on all levels, our endeavors should enrich us all individually and collectively. Translated: if we do this tribal networking thing right, we will be more successful in business. So why not give the Book/Movie Club a shot - there’s no downside.

shelleygram™

Looking forward to seeing you on the circuit … and don’y forget HAPPY HOUR on Friday @5pm.

Be Well!

Shelley Simpson, Esq