[Fredslist] Victim of Fraud - need legal advice

Jayne Latz jayne at corporatespeechsolutions.com
Wed Dec 2 09:37:00 EST 2020

Well- it's my turn to be the victim of a scheme.

During the quarantine I started to receive overdue bills from the MTA for
an EZPASS. I do not have an EZPASS in my name.

When I called the MTA they were unable to confirm the car or license plate
so I just ripped up the letters.

Now it is in the hands of a collection agency. We called last night and now
the brick wall is even worse- they cannot give any information and don't
have any information. They finally agreed to start an investigation which
will require documentation on my part- which I of course don't have.

I asked them to provide an itemization of when the charges were made and
with what car and what plate. I believe they will do so although they gave
me some BS that it may not be "on a car."  Since Covid I have been to NYC
exactly 10 times and the bill is $2600!!
Before Covid my car was only used on the weekend.

When I asked what I can do since this is definitely fraud they said I can
file a police report which I plan to do this week.

*But then I remembered I HAVE GOTHAM!!!!!!!! Thank goodness. So I ask you-
WHAT CAN I DO????*
All the collection agency kept saying is "we can help you with a payment
plan."
Thank you in advance for your assistance!!

*"The destination called Mastery is on the road called repetition and on
that road there are neither short cuts or express lanes."*

*Stay Safe and Healthy!!!*

*Jayne Latz*

*Communication Change Agent, Author, and Professional Speaker*

*President and Founder -Corporate Speech Solutions, LLC*

*Telephone: 917.841.2965*

*Visit our website http://www.corporatespeechsolutions.com/
<http://www.corporatespeechsolutions.com/>*