[Fredslist] Special Guest at Joint GPB and BB meeting on August 12, 2020

Vincent Chirico vchirico at chiricolaw.com
Mon Aug 10 10:28:49 EDT 2020

Happy Monday all - please join us for a very special joint meeting of the Gotham Power Breakfast and the Manhattan Business Breakfast groups.  The Zoom meeting link is below.

We have a special guest at this meeting - my former law student, good friend, and current New York Law School Law Professor Kirk Burkhalter.  Kirk teaches Legal Practice, Criminal Law, and upper class electives, including a course on Race, Bias and Advocacy.  After brief introductions, Kirk will address the group on the issues involving race relations and the NYPD.  These are topics Kirk is very qualified to address, given that he is second generation NYPD (retired).  He has recently been interviewed on ABC News (link below) with respect to his recommendations that the NYPD redesign its academic and professional training model.  His full bio is also linked here.

We hope you can join us for what promises to be a very informative session.  Guests welcome - please forward the names and contact information for any proposed guests.

Thanks all - look forward.

https://www.nyls.edu/faculty/faculty-profiles/faculty_profiles/kirk_burkhalter/

https://abcnews.go.com/US/nyc-detective-recommends-throwing-book-police-training/story?id=71412486

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82768543510?pwd=REZCeDdrN0RHUnQ2Y21iZU1GT2xkZz09

Meeting ID: 827 6854 3510
Passcode: 170869
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,82768543510#,,,,,,0#,,170869# US (New York)
+13017158592,,82768543510#,,,,,,0#,,170869# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 827 6854 3510
Passcode: 170869
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/k7Ji1Az0P

Vincent Chirico, Esq.
Chirico Law PLLC
8804 4th Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11209
Tel:  (718) 921-1401
Fax: (347) 412-3046
vchirico at chiricolaw.com<mailto:vchirico at chiricolaw.com>

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended for the use of the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,  please notify me via return e-mail and via telephone and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.