[Fredslist] Possible Required Reading: You and your tribe are running in the same circles

Corey Bearak bearak at me.com
Mon Oct 7 02:04:47 EDT 2019

Nancy and I think you might find this “reading” of interest.  It is a daily message received this Saturday from my friend Rochelle Moulton.  I shared it with Nancy.  We thought it would be of interest to everyone in our Gotham “tribe."

Here goes:
We were looking for a pet sitter in our new community and my husband lined up an interview with a candidate he’d found on-line.

When she arrived on our doorstep, we all looked at each other for a long moment—and she remarked how familiar we both looked. We felt exactly the same.

So of course we had to do the 20-question game to figure out where we might have seen each other.

Turns out we all love animals (well, duh, she’s a pet sitter), modern art, fun food experiences and meeting new people . We came up with at least three places we could have eyeballed each other (and I thought of a couple more after she left).

All that comparing about how we intersect made for an excellent interview.

We were able—in the first 10 minutes—to quickly learn she’d be the kind of caregiver we wanted.

The rest was a mutual exchange about the community and our shared passions (when she left, we headed to one of the restaurants she’d recommended and had a ball

That’s what it’s like when someone in your ideal client profile finds you. They first want to make sure you’re the real deal (they’ll decide yes or no quickly) and then it’s all about the bonding experience.

The people you most want to connect with probably have some of your very same interests, which is why sharing some of your non-work passions is such a good idea.

Your tribe responds to more than just your brain—they like to see the real person behind it.

Cheers,

Rochelle

You can reach Rochelle if you would like to receive her daily messages or other media at
 RM at rochellemoulton.com <https://el2.convertkit-mail2.com/c/wvuvn03qztghw23epu7/75u7h8h84pw3qn/bWFpbHRvOnJtQHJvY2hlbGxlbW91bHRvbi5jb20=>

Her snail mail address is:
1775 East Palm Canyon Drive, Suite 110-422, Palm Springs, CA 92264

Her website is
 RochelleMoulton.com <https://el2.convertkit-mail2.com/c/wvuvn03qztghw23epu7/xvfph6hz7d9xom/aHR0cHM6Ly9yb2NoZWxsZW1vdWx0b24uY29tLw==>
Corey B. Bearak, Esq.
Government & Public Affairs Counsel
Networker of the Year-2012| co-chair, GOtham GREEN® | Gotham Towers | LI Legal | Gotham Power Breakfast Chair | Gotham Sponsorships Chair |  Gotham Sundays Blogger | Moderator, Fredslist & Gotham Promos
P.O. Box 135, Glen Oaks, NY 11004
(718) 343-6779 ♦ facsimile (888) 379-3492
Corey at CoreyBearak.com <mailto:Corey at CoreyBearak.com> ♦ StrategicPublicPolicy.com <http://strategicpublicpolicy.com/> ♦ Bearak on Twitter <http://twitter.com/Bearak>
Author, The Public Ought To Know <https://intelligentarts.net/the-public-ought-to-know/>, available on Kindle <http://tiny.cc/lt6wpx> and Nook <http://tiny.cc/wx6wpx> and Apple devices <https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-public-ought-to-know/id945807340?mt=11>
If you receive this email and did not request it, please reply and I will kindly remove your email address from the list.
This Internet Email Transmission may contain Confidential or Privileged Information which is intended only for use by the individual or entity for which the transmission is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify this office by telephone immediately so that we can arrange for the return of the documents to us at no cost to you.
[sent from my MacBook Pro]