[Fredslist] Q/Help w NYC Public School, after school/no school program for a Special Needs child

Amparo Connors Amparo at alliedpersonnel.com
Wed Mar 2 15:44:18 EST 2016

Hello Gotham members:

Does anyone know if there is a mandated free after school program, for a special needs child (3rd grade), in the NYC Public Schools? My employee has been told she can access one only if she drops her private Insurance and gets Medicaid....this does not sound right.

My staff member's need to be home for her child after school hours/days off, when her regular caregiver is unavailable, is becoming an increasing difficulty for both of us. Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thank you; Amparo

Amparo M Connors, President
Allied Personnel Services, Inc., Green Staff NY
NY City & State Certified M/WBE
718.261.7979  ~  516.622.2305  ~  212.451.0235
Corp HQ: 118-21 Queens Boulevard; Suite 310 Forest Hills NY 11375
amparo at alliedpersonnel.com<mailto:amparo at alliedpersonnel.com>                      www.alliedpersonnel.com<http://www.alliedpersonnel.com/>