[Fredslist] Crowd Funding meets conventional investing

Joshua Zinder jzinder at joshuazinder.com
Mon Aug 1 10:45:02 EDT 2016

Gotham,

Find out where Crowd Funding meets conventional investing and Ride the circuit Gotham Princeton's this event Friday August 5, Friday!

Our guest speaker will be Chris Tyrrell: Why Private Equity and Venture Capital Have Been Changed Forever, The JOBS Act has fundamentally changed the way business of all stages and sizes will raise capital, and the kind of investors who will invest in them.  Significant regulations regarding capital raising have been updated, from September 2013 through as recently as two months ago, when the "crowdfunding" portion of the JOBS Act went into effect.
Chris Tyrrell is CEO of OfferBoard, a Princeton-based offerings platform that uses proprietary technology to help investors find new investment opportunities and to help CEOs of growing companies raise capital.  Chris has more than 20 years of experience in entrepreneurship, financial law, technology and capital markets, having managed and founded two private technology companies and been involved in more than $20 billion in financing transactions.  Chris specialized in asset-based finance at the Wall Street law firm Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft.  Before founding OfferBoard, Chris served as Managing Director of Nehemiah Investments, a local venture-focused family office.

Chris is a global advocate for FinTech and crowdfunding, serving as chairman of Crowdfund Intermediary Regulatory Advocates (CFIRA), the leading trade organization for the securities crowdfunding industry in the US.  He was also a delegate to the Third Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Dubai, UAE and the Fifth Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Palo Alto, California.

Please join me, for Gotham Princeton's this event Friday August 5, Friday! The event will be at Eno Terra.

Friday, August 5, 12:30PM
Eno Terra
4484 Rt. 27
Kingston, NJ 08540
Cost:  $38 per person

Please join us. Payment cannot be made at the door, but it is easy on the Gotham website. Click on the link below:
http://www.gothamnetworking.com/m/events/view/Princeton-Meeting-2016-06-28

Come and find out what we are about.  Gotham Networking is a premier networking organization, headquartered in NYC, with over 50 different affinity groups with over 1000 members.  Gotham was founded in 1997 and lives by its motto, "It's better to give than to receive but what goes around, comes around".  Please take a look at the website http://www.gothamnetworking.com/

Please feel free to bring your friends and business associates!

If you have attended Gotham events in the past and are interested in joining our group please let me know and we can get you the application information.

For more information, please email me.

Hope to see you there.

All the best,

Josh