[Fredslist] leading economic indicator-help - need architects

Joshua Zinder jzinder at joshuazinder.com
Wed Mar 18 23:14:05 EDT 2015

Gotham,
I am not an economist, nor am I a political pundit.  I am simply an architect.  But I have come to the conclusion that I am a leading economic indicator or at least my business is.

2-3 years ago when hiring someone we would post an ad (once) in the typical places and we would get 150+ responses of which we would have 20+ viable candidates. Now after 3 weeks of ads (a dozen ads) we have received 3....yes 3 resumes each of which indicate that they could not read, and certainly could not write.  So I am short staffed, and my only conclusion is that the economy must be rockin' as Architects don't seem to need jobs. Hence I am an economic indicator and as a result I would think the Fed should take some action... :)

Where are all of the architects looking for jobs? I would have thought architects would be interested to work with the NJ firm of the Year.....SO WHERE ARE THEY? We are hiring jobs at joshuazinder.com<http://joshuazinder.com/> send us resumes!!!
All the best,

Josh

Joshua Zinder, AIA, LEED AP, NCARB
Principal