[Fredslist] 2 Job Opportunities and 1 Internship at Contango IT!!

Danny Mizrahi dm at contangoit.com
Tue May 6 10:19:48 EDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

Please see below for all three positions we're looking to fill ASAP!  One
is for a Consultant/Engineer, one for an Account Manager / Salesperson, and
one for a super valuable Internship!

Let me know!!

Job position:  Consultant / Engineer

IT Consulting firm is looking for a motivated consultant and engineer to
join our team.  We focus on both Traditional Infrastructure as well Cloud
Computing.  We provide custom IT Consulting and Support for our clients, as
opposed to selling a Managed Service platform.

This is a full time, salary position for an IT Consultant/Engineer who will
be responsible for supporting multiple businesses across many industries.
The following will be expected of the consultant:

   -

      Meet with business owners on a weekly basis, analyze their current
      setup, and provide recommendations on improvements to sales
stuff within 3
      days of initial assessment.
      -

      Provide detailed recommendations, including line items for each task
      with times
      -

      Provide strong and detailed comments on all of your recommendations,
      including why you made the recommendation.
      -

      Review quotes with sales staff to send out to business owners
      -

      Provide a high level of documentation of every client including
      network diagrams, passwords, and other client specific information
      -

      Document all procedures that were performed at client including time
      spent, and report back to dispatcher with any follow up items
      -

      Be able to provide group training on services such as Google Apps and
      Hosted Exchange, including groups that are 10 or more
      -

      Oversee and plan multiple projects at once, and execute those
      projects, which may include weekend or overtime tasks
      -

      Support multiple clients on a daily basis remotely and onsite
      -

      Has experience with Cabling and/or Building out Server Rooms

   -

   Character Traits:
   -

      Hard Working, analytical, forward-thinking, team player, fast-paced,
      outstanding communication skills (55+ WM), ability to learn technologies
      quickly.
      -

      Examples of dealing with tough clients/scenarios
      -

      Examples of troubleshooting without assistance from a Senior Engineer
      -

      Writing Samples, showing your grammar and communication skills
      -

      Examples of technologies you had little to no experience in, but were
      able to teach yourself quickly
      -

      Ability to work after hours and on weekends, as needed by our clients

   -

   Core Technologies:
   -

      Server 2003/2008/2012
      -

      Virtualization including VMware and Hyper-V
      -

      Cisco Firewalls and Switches, including CLI-based routers
      -

      Cloud technologies including Google Apps, Microsoft 365, Rackspace
      Cloud / Hosted Exchange and Amazon Web Services
      -

      Strong understanding of DNS and types of records
      -

      Offsite backup
      -

      Disaster Recovery Planning and Simulation
      -

      End-user support, customer service

We pride ourselves in honesty, transparency and teamwork, internally as
well as with our clients.  We are an IT company that does not focus on
Managed Services, and therefore provide hourly consulting for our 200+ clients,
mainly in the New York City area, but across the world.  Our main office is
located near Grand Central.

We are a youthful team that likes to work hard and play hard, and we are
looking for the self-motivated cream of the crop.

Pros:

Full-time Position

Travel may be necessary (we have traveled to Chicago, Miami, LA and San
Antonio thus far)

Great team to work with

Very mature business, ready to expand!

Business Systems (Contact Management, Email, Calendaring, Project
Management, Dispatching), are all utilizing Cloud technology and is proven
to work efficiently

Office near Grand Central

Possible Bonuses / Other Incentives

Miscellaneous Entertainment Perks (Tickets, Events)

Cons:

Health Insurance currently not provided, but we try and make up for it in
other ways

If you feel you are qualified please include both a Cover Letter and Resume
in the body of the email.

Job position:  Account Manager / Salesperson

Are you a GREAT Salesperson, but not selling the best/easiest product(s)?
 Are your sales skills being wasted on a product that isn’t the right fit
for everyone??

This is an opportunity for an established Salesperson to make a ton of
money in the easiest area…..TECHNOLOGY!

We’re an established  IT Consulting/Support company in Midtown Manhattan
that focuses on 5 areas of technology:

   -

   Infrastructure:  Cabling, Voice, Data, etc
   -

   Cloud Computing:  We are pioneers in this space
   -

   Everyday Service/Support:  “Helpdesk” Maintenance and more
   -

   Web Design and Development
   -

   Custom Programming and App Creation

We are offering a base salary ($25K), with a very generous Commission
Structure:

   -

   20% on Labor Revenue
   -

   20% on Cabling/Hardware/Software Profit
   -

   20% of Custom Programming Profit
   -

   30% of Recurring Commission Profit
   -

   30% of Website Profit

All costs are transparent!  The sky’s the limit when it comes to earning
potential.  Recurring Commissions and Clients will carry over to the
following years.  Our revenue increased 50% in 2012 and 70% in 2013.   We
have over 200 clients, and a 16-person team.  We have done this without any
full-time Account Managers / Salespeople, so this is a great opportunity to
help take us to the next level!

Are you worried about training and not having a technology background?  It
may be tough, but with our extremely detailed “Sales Playbook” -  you
should be set!  You don’t need to sell the products, just our company.
 That’s easy since we have such great competitive advantages, success
stories, case studies, references, support, and more!  All you have to
really focus on is opening doors and bringing in leads.  Then our
Consultants generate the opportunities and let you know what to sell (with
options, etc).

Important:  Applicants must write a cover letter describing why they match
the description below.  If you do not have experience in all of the below,
that is fine, but please make a note of the areas you are unfamiliar with.
This is important, as we need a way to rule out the 100+ resumes we receive.

We’re looking for a go-getter, hunter/gatherer, who has done business
development successfully in the past.  Candidates should have experience in:

   -

   Networking / Attending Events and Organizations:  Please explain
   previous experience and what organizations in which you are a member.
   -

   Relationship Building:  Please provide examples of your success in this
   area and describe why you’re successful speaking with CXO-level
   professionals.  Also, how you’ve leveraged your partners and/or vendors for
   leads.
   -

   Experience in Technology Sales is a bonus, but not a requirement.
    However, basic Information Technology understanding (being “tech savvy”)
   is a must.  Please let us know the extent to your IT knowledge or IT-sales
   experience.
   -

   Using a CRM (Contact Relationship Manager):  Please provide examples of
   how you’ve used software to help you track your contacts/opportunities.
   -

   Heavy Email Communication:  Please tell us how many words per minute you
   type, and what experience you have with heavy email volume.
   -

   Doing Presentations:  Please tell us when you’ve presented in front of
   groups of people, how many people, and on what topics.
   -

   Cold-calling:  Please provide statistics or explanation of your success
   in this area.  Keep in mind, Cold-calling is not a requirement for this
   job, and should only be used if the candidate is an effective cold-caller.

If you feel you are qualified and motivated to be a part of our team,
please use the Craigslist email address above.  Please include both your
Cover Letter (described above) with your Resume.  Applicants without a
Cover Letter (described above) will not be considered.

*Intern position:  Assistant to the C-Level Executives*

New York Technology firm is looking for a motivated intern to join our
team.  We focus on both Traditional Infrastructure as well Cloud
Computing.  Among our many differentiators, we provide custom IT Consulting
and Support for our clients, as opposed to selling a Managed Service
platform.  We also provide Web Development and Custom Programming.  This is
a GREAT opportunity to learn many different areas of a growing technology
company.  You’ll be assisting the CTO, Service Coordinator and Director of
Sales, thereby gaining invaluable knowledge in many aspects of technology
and business.

Responsibilities Include:

   -

   Assisting CTO & Service Coordinator with:
   -

      Dispatching
      -

      Calendaring / Confirmations
      -

      Communication with Clients and Consultants
      -

      Following up on project deliverables
      -

      Monitoring alerts/reminders
      -

      Scheduling Interviews
      -

      Creation of Documentation
      -

      Updating Client Documentation
      -

   Assisting CEO & Director of Sales with:
   -

      Task list organization/creation
      -

      Coordination with vendors on checks / payments
      -

      Preparing/Sending Quotes
      -

      CRM Assistance/Cleanup/Management
      -

      General Office Managerial Duties

This person should have the following skills/attributes:

   -

   Spreadsheets
   -

   Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive)
   -

   Follow up / Organizational Skills
   -

   Trustworthy
   -

   High Energy / Fast Paced
   -

   Speaking, on the phone, in groups and with clients/vendors
   -

   Project Management background is a bonus
   -

   Computer/Network Certifications are a bonus
   -

   IT Documentation is a bonus
   -

   Worked in a helpdesk environment is a bonus
   - Tech Savvy / Follows Tech Blogs/News

 Danny Mizrahi

 228 East 45th Street
 Suite 11 South