[Fredslist] Seeking Commercial Furniture Specifier

Laura G geeolaura at aol.com
Mon Jan 27 10:57:40 EST 2014

Gotham Team,

My sister's company and Interior Design partner are looking for a Commercial Furniture Specifier to work in the office as a freelancer. Per-project basis but regular work. See information below.  If interested please email Robyn Singer Dror at robyn at studiodinteriors.net

Seeking Furniture Specifier
Seeking Furniture Specifier
We are seeking a Designer and Commercial Furniture Specifier for steady freelance work. This position has potential for growth depending on the applicant. Applicants must reside within commuting distance to our offices in Midtown Manhattan.

In this position, you will be a part of our growing, creative casual & collaborative, company. Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with our internal team as well as our joint partners.
- Space planning and furniture specifying with Allsteel products as well as many other lines.
- Sourcing new products and furniture both locally and online.
- Producing FFE spreadsheets and budgets, and communication with our internal project management team.

 Desired Skills and Experience
AutoCAD, 20/20 CAP and Worksheet a must.
Familiar with furniture block plans, space plans, final furniture specifications and installation drawings a must.
Rendering programs such as Sketch up, Giza, Chief Architect a plus but not required.
Must possess at least 1 year of design experience in office furniture industry
Must be a proficient space planner and be able to source furniture and products well.
Ability to multi-task and work on a variety of projects.
Must be able to create and follow schedules and deadlines for deliverable's.
Excellent communication skills including in person as well as with setting up presentations and communicating ideas.
Comfortable with computers and technology in general.
Must work well as a collaborative team player.
Ability to be self-led and work independently.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the interior design field a plus.

Laura Giordano
LG Active
Laura.Giordano511 at gmail.com

Sent from my iPad