[Fredslist] Private Health Insurance Question

Gideon Schein gideon at eddyandschein.com
Thu Feb 13 16:33:57 EST 2014

Even I need to ask health Insurance questions from my fellow experts.

I have a client who has been on  private non-group Health Insurance plan
(not cheap).  She turns 65 this month and Empire has informed her that they
are doing a "carve out" and basically forcing her into Medicare.  I realize
that this is one of the choices available to an insurance plan.  however,
besides registering for Part A which she has to do, is there any way she
could buy a different plan that would allow her to keep her doctor
selection as broad as it is now?

Thanks.

Gideon

--

Gideon Y. Schein, M.B.A., P.D.M.M.
Certified Professional Daily Money Manager
gideon at eddyandschein.com
Member, American Association of Daily Money Managers
Member, National Association of Professional Organizers