[Fredslist] no good deed goes unpunished?!?!?

Joshua Zinder jzinder at joshuazinder.com
Wed Feb 5 17:17:38 EST 2014

Gotham,
For as much as I do not subscribe to the saying above sometimes I am left to wonder.  I have a good friend who cosigned a college loan for a family friend.  The student subsequently graduated and has not paid the loan has a result trashed my friends credit rating.  But what is worse is the student has found a Job at an IT company which pays quite well and has still not been paying the loan back.  So here is the question is there some way to garnish his wages to pay the loans?  How do you determine if it is worthwhile to get an attorney involved? And there has been significant stress connected to this and it has had a financial influence on her even though it might not seem like that much money to some.

Well if you have thoughts or suggestions please let me know and I will forward.

All the best!
Josh

Joshua Zinder, AIA, LEED AP, NCARB
Principal