[Fredslist] Please help me Make a Difference in the Race against Cancer as a Runner with Fred's Team with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

jnkruns at aol.com jnkruns at aol.com
Thu Sep 19 18:55:43 EDT 2013

Please help me Make a Difference in the Race against Cancer by going to my home Page:

http://mskcc.convio.net/site/TR/FredsTeamEvents/Freds_Team?px=1758467&pg=personal&fr_id=1930
                    Or

www.fredsteam.org and please type in Jeffrey Kamberg

I'm running in the2013 ING New York City Marathon with Fred's Team to raise funds for crucial cancer research, and I'm asking you to help me by donating to my run.
As I celebrate my 11 year anniversary running with Fred's Team, I wanted to thank you for your continued support for  Cancer Research at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. As you know,  since 2002 I have raised over  $100,000 for cancer research by completing 17 marathons (26.2 mile races)  as a runner for Fred’s Team in memory of Fred Lebow who is the founder of the NYC marathon.  In addition, last year when the NYC Marathon was canceled due to Hurricane Sandy, I completed my first 60K (37.2 Mile) race by running Nine 4 mile loops in Central Park.   I  have also completed many other races including 5 milers, 10Ks and Half Marathons.   The fight for cancer research never ends.  This year I will be running many races including ING NYC marathon on November 3rd.

My goal for 2013 is to raise another  $10,000.  Any donation amount weather it is $1, $5, $26.20, $52.40 or $100 and up is appreciated.

Since 1997, Fred's Team has been the primary source of support for The Aubrey Fund for Pediatric Cancer Research, which benefits ongoing research on childhood cancers, including leukemia, neuroblastoma, brain tumors, and certain forms of sarcoma.

This fund makes it possible for MSKCC to conduct leading-edge research on several fronts, including --
• Continued development of adoptive immune cell therapy to treat lymphomas and leukemias.
While great progress has been made, leukemia is still the number-one cause of cancer death in
children and young adults. Clinical trials are underway at MSKCC that may lead to the broad and
effective use of immune cell therapy to eliminate both primary cancers and difficult-to-treat relapses.
• Further advances in treating neuroblastoma with antibody immune therapy.
Advances in this therapy, which directs the body’s immune system to attack cancer cells, show promise
in reducing the high rate of relapse for children with this form of cancer. Ongoing research offers hope of
achieving remission while eliminating long-term side effects, even in advanced stages of disease.
• Developing the best available treatment combinations for pediatric sarcomas.
Sarcomas account for about 10 to 15 percent of all new cancers in children and young adults. MSKCC’s
research on sarcoma has been vital in pursuing a cure for this difficult-to-treat disease. The Aubrey Fund
has lent support to the goal of achieving remission and preventing relapse.
• Research into post-treatment care for pediatric cancer survivors.
One in every 500 young adults in the US has survived a childhood malignancy. Ongoing studies at MSKCC
have focused on learning more about the health of survivors and the best options for screening this population
for existing and potential problems related to their treatment.

Thank you again for your support.

I am going to continue to run to save a child who is fighting cancer every single day!!

Thank you for your support!

ING NYC Marathon Photo 2009

ING NYC Marathon Photo 2008

Jeffrey N. Kamberg