[Fredslist] For those Members Who Think Networking Should Have"Instant" Results

Don Hochler, Esq. don.hochler at hochlerlaw.com
Fri Mar 15 12:15:28 EDT 2013

Love it. Live it.

To the Batcave

DON L. HOCHLER, ESQ.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linda R. Newman [mailto:lindarnewman at verizon.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:09 PM
To: Fredslist at Gothamnetworking. Com; Gclist at Gothamnetworking. Com
Subject: [Fredslist] For those Members Who Think Networking Should
Have"Instant" Results

Good Evening Along the Network,

To quote Susan Cleary, Co-Chair, Downtown Gotham, we practice

"Natural Networking" Downtown Style. Thanks Susan for putting it so
eloquently.

Forming relationships and sharing clients takes time and trust. A good rule
of thumb is that you have to already have the connection in place when you
need it.

I try hard to be the "go to" person. Here's an example from yesterday that
achieved the goal today.

About three years ago, I hosted a "Power Breakfast" for about ten people.
Some were Gotham members who didn't know each other, some were clIents. It
was a congenial hour and a half. It was a "thank you" to those involved.

One of the lawyers who attended remembered meeting another Gotham lawyer
when he was trying to facilitate an interview for his former Legal
Secretary.

I was the "go to" and my e-mail to the Partner at the interviewing firm was
forwarded to HR. Will she get the job?  No one knows. Does a warm intro and
rave reviews beat a cold intro?  We all know the answer to that.

That's what I call "Natural Networking", Queenie style.  Thank you Susan for
coining the term.

I will send a follow-up e-mail letting The Tribe know the outcome.

Gothamly,

Queenie

GC- Downtown Gotham

2004 Co-Networker of the Year with Jeffrey Kamberg

2006 - Inventor, Gotham Open House

Linda R. (Queenie)Newman

Third Generation Insurance Broker

Haskell Brokerage Corp

100 William Street

Suite 1805

New York, New York  10038

Tel. No.  718-336-4544

Cellular No.  917-200-3208

Sent from my BlackBerryR by Boost Mobile