[Fredslist] For those Members Who Think Networking Should Have "Instant" Results

Linda R. Newman lindarnewman at verizon.net
Thu Mar 14 23:09:01 EDT 2013

Good Evening Along the Network,

To quote Susan Cleary, Co-Chair, Downtown Gotham, we practice
"Natural Networking" Downtown Style. Thanks Susan for putting it so eloquently.

Forming relationships and sharing clients takes time and trust. A good rule of thumb is that you have to already have the connection in place when you need it.

I try hard to be the "go to" person. Here's an example from yesterday that achieved the goal today.

About three years ago, I hosted a "Power Breakfast" for about ten people. Some were Gotham members who didn't know each other, some were clIents. It was a congenial hour and a half. It was a "thank you" to those involved.

One of the lawyers who attended remembered meeting another Gotham lawyer when he was trying to facilitate an interview for his former Legal Secretary.

I was the "go to" and my e-mail to the Partner at the interviewing firm was forwarded to HR. Will she get the job?  No one knows. Does a warm intro and rave reviews beat a cold intro?  We all know the answer to that.

That's what I call "Natural Networking", Queenie style.  Thank you Susan for coining the term.

I will send a follow-up e-mail letting The Tribe know the outcome.

Gothamly,

Queenie
GC- Downtown Gotham
2004 Co-Networker of the Year with Jeffrey Kamberg
2006 - Inventor, Gotham Open House
Linda R. (Queenie)Newman
Third Generation Insurance Broker
Haskell Brokerage Corp
100 William Street
Suite 1805
New York, New York  10038

Tel. No.  718-336-4544

Cellular No.  917-200-3208
Sent from my BlackBerry® by Boost Mobile