[Fredslist] Need help on getting my MAC to talk to my printer (overseas)

Ellin Yassky medici18 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 16:16:22 EDT 2012

Hello Gotham Friends! (Miss you all!).

I need some advice/help from those who are versed in using Macs overseas.

Problem: My MacBook Pro is new and works fine. Back in CT, I had it attached to a large HP monitor, and used blue tooth keyboard and mouse (thereby making the MacBook into the hard drive). It worked beautifully. I also had the computer hooked up to my HP laserjet.

Before moving, I numbered everything so I'd be able to re-assemble. Now that I'm here, I can't get the monitor and printer to "talk" to the Mac. They all work on their own (yes, I have the proper adapters, and they're set up properly etc.). But there seems to be something stopping them from completing communication to the Mac. Printer will start then stop. Boom. That's it!

Any ideas? I don't think it's a driver problem (installed the drivers again), and I know that all three work with the overseas current of 240.

I'm stymied. Any ideas from the brilliant computer/Electrical engineering guys? I just can't get my office set up here and it's frustrating me awfully.

Many thanks for any help!

Sending warm regards to all. Please come visit! There's always a room for Gotham friends. I'm in between Nazareth and Megido (Armageddon). Very  interesting and beautiful area!

Thanks again for any help. MUCH APPRECIATED!

All best,

Ellin