[Fredslist] Running to raise money for cancer research

Steve Maggi smaggi at smalawyers.com
Mon May 7 13:11:02 EDT 2012

Greetings Gothamites,

As one of the neophyte Gothamites (I joined just last week), I have already
seen in just one week a plethora of good cheer, collaboration, positive
vibes and massive moral support between members. Although I have not had the
pleasure of meeting more than a handful of you so far, I wanted to throw my
hat in the ring and give the magical fredslist a try and see if it bears any
positive fruit, so here goes:

My fiancee is an avid runner. I had never run without a basketball being
involved until I met her. I can't say I have become an enthusiast, but this
time when she told me she was running a half marathon, I decided that I
would also give it a try if I could help raise money for a charity. I have
joined Fred's Team, an organization dedicated to raising money for Memorial
Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, and will be running in the Brooklyn Half
Marathon on May 19, 2012.

I have lost some very close family members to cancer, including my mother,
who died at the young age of 53.

Please take a look at the attached link and please donate what you can! I
have set a floor of $2,000 dollars, but I hope we can raise even more,
especially with the power of Gotham!

<http://mskcc.convio.net/site/TR/FredsTeamEvents/Freds_Team?px=2098746&pg=pe
rsonal&fr_id=1680>
http://mskcc.convio.net/site/TR/FredsTeamEvents/Freds_Team?px=2098746&pg=per