[Fredslist] Time Warner Cable and Verizon - need help- Thanks

Dr Elizabeth Greenberg drgreenberg at drgreenberg.com
Sun Jul 22 21:48:24 EDT 2012

Two weeks ago I decided to switch from Verizon to a "deal" from TWC..The
installation was supposed to be last Tuesday, but the installer arrived 30
minutes past the end of the window and we needed to reschedule. I was also
informed that I needed to purchase additional equipment, and the monthly
fee would be higher, etc..No big deal, I decided I would cancel, it wasn't
worth any more time.
When I called the business office to cancel, they informed me that my
telephone number was already "ported", and the only way to maintain my
number was to have TWC do their install, then I could switch to another
provider.(I still have Verizon, that just didn't make any sense). The
number was "ported" the day I made the original phone call to TWC, more
than a week before the install date.
Before I waste any more time or energy, I thought I would reach out for
some Gotham Magic, as I am sure one of you knows the most expeditious means
of handling this nonsense...
Any and all suggestions are appreciated

Elizabeth Greenberg
NY Healthcare