[Fredslist] Gotham's Political Powerbrokers

Corey Bearak Bearak at aol.com
Wed Sep 28 11:37:04 EDT 2011

Raj,

Nice kudos to Joel and Sergio for picking the right horse.  It never proves to be a right science and requires good instinct,

As a general rule, the Democrat, which line their "horse" had, should win in most NYC general and special elections.  In that race, however, one opponent had a special family name and another a vaunted Third Party Line that excels at GOTV (Get out the vote) which often matters most in a small turnout race and it did once help someone currently in public office win such an election.  Even so, my view remains when a Democratic victory does not occur within the (NY) city limits, it usually involves extraordinary strategic and/ or other errors.  The only reasonable exceptions occur when a non-Democrat is the incumbent.

On the day of the Special election, I was involved in a different manner.  I was working on a non-coordinated campaign with my friends in organized labor.

This unsolicited quote comes from a top official at the NYS AFL-CIO:  "Thanks for all your assistance. I don't know what we would have done without you on Tuesday."

This additional unsolicited quote from an official at the NYC Central Labor Council:  "Thank you for all of your help."

The bottom line, the Gothamites involved in the political world all enjoyed a rather decent day on September 13 and that says worlds about our tribe!.

Best.

-Corey

Corey B. Bearak, Esq.
Government & Public Affairs Counselor
P.O. Box 135, Glen Oaks, NY 11004
(718) 343-6779 ♦ facsimile (888) 379-3492
Bearak at aol.com ♦ CoreyBearak.com ♦ Bearak on Twitter
If you receive this email and did not request it, please reply and I will kindly remove your email address from the list.
This Internet Email Transmission may contain Confidential or Privileged Information which is intended only for use by the individual or entity for which the transmission is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify this office by telephone immediately so that we can arrange for the return of the documents to us at no cost to you.
[sent from my MacBook Pro]