[Fredslist] Sunday October 23 - I am walking to end Alzheimers

Debra B. Lindner debbie at gothamnetworking.com
Fri Oct 21 10:37:47 EDT 2011

Hi Gotham Family,

This Sunday, October 23, I will be participating in the "Walk to End
Alzheimer's" in Riverside Park to raise funds to find a cure for Alzheimers.
My website is http://walktoendalz.kintera.org/nyc/debbielindner
<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwalktoendalz.kintera.org%2Fnyc
%2Fdebbielindner&h=MAQBX4nnfAQACbwlcNzmOwKSa1H1iEAx8P4_Hukm_H82dbw> . I am
asking for your support in my efforts to find a cure.  As you may know I am
determined to make a difference in the fight against Alzheimer's disease.
This evil disease has touched many people I love, including my wonderful
Mom, Peggy.

Currently, there is no cure and no survivors ..  no survivors of Alzheimers
- unthinkable and unacceptable to me.  Please help me in my mission to raise
funds to find a cure.

So many people are under the misconception that this disease is typical
aging, impacts only the elderly, is just mild confusion - all untrue so it's
time to find a cure before Alzheimers finds you and your loved ones.

Alzheimer's is not just memory loss. Alzheimer's kills.

. Alzheimer's disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States
and the 5th leading cause of death for those aged 65 and older.

. Alzheimer's is the only cause of death among the top 10 in America without
a way to prevent, cure, or even slow its progression.

. Deaths from Alzheimer's increased 66 percent between 2000 and 2008, while
deaths from other major diseases, including the number one cause of death
(heart disease), decreased.

Thanks for your support.  I appreciate it.

I understand it is hard to give in these difficult times and I respect that
we are all committed to so many causes which need our support - so please
know any amount is appreciated.

Debbie

Debra B. Lindner

I am walking for a cure for Alzheimer's