[Fredslist] Attorney seeking position

Corey Bearak bearak at aol.com
Sun Oct 16 21:03:57 EDT 2011

My friend Dorothy Rose LoCascio seeks an attorney position.  If you have any leads or can use her services, please contact her directly.  I attached her generic cover letter and resume and also reprint both below my email signature for ease of viewing.
Thank you in advance.
-Corey
Corey B. Bearak, Esq.
Government & Public Affairs Counselor
P.O. Box 135, Glen Oaks, NY 11004
(718) 343-6779 ♦ facsimile (888) 379-3492
Bearak at aol.com ♦ CoreyBearak.com ♦ Bearak on Twitter
If you receive this email and did not request it, please reply and I will kindly remove your email address from the list.
This Internet Email Transmission may contain Confidential or Privileged Information which is intended only for use by the individual or entity for which the transmission is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify this office by telephone immediately so that we can arrange for the return of the documents to us at no cost to you.
[sent from my MacBook Pro]

PERSONAL & CONFIDENTIAL

228 Dover Parkway
Stewart Manor, New York 11530

Dear Sir or Madame:

Good day. I am sending you this job application with the hope of fulfilling your quest for assistance while finding myself a good job.

Like most job candidates, I am smart, talented and enthusiastic. Unlike most candidates, I have traveled through an interesting background filled with diverse accomplishments and unique experiences. My unique skills include advanced analytic, research, drafting, communication and organizational abilities. These skills are highly useful when applied to a wide variety of substantive areas, such as the matters for which you need assistance. I am anxious to delve into them.

My goal is to secure a permanent job where my talents could be put to good use in a professionally challenging environment. Salary is important but secondary to securing the opportunity to jumpstart my career in a place where I can have a long and prosperous future. Thank you for considering how I can satisfy this opportunity which I hope to interview for soon.

Sincerely,

Dorothy Rose LoCascio

Dorothy Rose LoCascio
228 Dover Parkway
Stewart Manor, New York 11530
Tel: (516) 354-2826
Email: dorothyroselaw at earthlink.net
LEGAL EXPERIENCE

Admitted : New York State Bar (2/27/91); United States District Court: EDNY (12/4/96) and SDNY (1/6/97); United States Supreme Court (5/18/98)

Private Practice Experience: (intermittently from 1991)

> Assisted plaintiffs' and defendants' general practice civil law firms on a full-time, part-time, and per diem basis
> Drafted and responded to legal correspondence, pleadings, discovery demands, motions and appellate briefs
> Performed philanthropic and school district and court appointed work
> Assisted with corporate, transactional real estate matters, estate administration and landlord-tenant cases
> Taught paralegal and college level business law courses
> Represented management at unemployment insurance hearings and acted as attorney consultant in torts litigation

Government/ Non-Profit Legal Experience:

>. Personal Injury litigation up to trial. NYCTA (6/08-11/09)
> Presented Worker's Compensation Board fraud proceedings; conducted research; drafted & reviewed settlement agreements.NYSIF (8/05-4/06)
> Handled in-house matters related to social services, contracts and public interest law. Heard, decided and drafted decisions regarding workfare related compliance issues Presented cases and trained new attorneys on paternity, child support and spousal (medicaid) support matters. Presented child support enforcement, child abuse and neglect cases. Defended torts and civil rights cases. NC DSS/CA; NYS OTDA (1997-1998, 1999-2004)
> Handled a variety of issues related to public health care law, hospital operations, regulatory and compliance matters. Assisted with discrimination trial defending against NYS HRC. NUMC (1992-1993)
> Served subpoenas; wrote newsletter articles; developed and maintained filing system; recruited and monitored volunteer attorneys. Compiled statistics and drafted grant proposals. Interviewed clients, drafted divorce pleadings, and supporting documents. Negotiated and drafted matrimonial settlement agreements; Handled contested matrimonial issues and advised pro se litigants at community matrimonial clinics NSLS (1984-1986, 1988, 1991-1999)

Background In Philanthropy, Certifications And Appointments

Small Claims Tax Assessment Hearing Officer, (1998, recert. 2004). Appointment approved by Chief Admin Judge of NYS UCS. Hears, decides and drafts decisions re: appealed residential tax assessment matters
Nassau County District Court Arbitration Panel, (1996). Application approved by the Judiciary Committee of the NCBA. Hears, decides and drafts decisions re: civil part cases under Art. 75 law
School District ARHO, (1999). Appointment approved by the school district’s BOE. Conducts and decides residency hearings and drafts decisions/HO, (2005). Conducts disciplinary and suspension hearings and drafts recommended decisions for the Superintendent
Certified Mediator, (1993). EAC/MAP. (Hempstead, NY). Certified after 30 hr course. Mediated disputes and drafted settlement agreements from Small Claims, Family Court and DA's office. Re-certified (2007) 40 hr course; also Custody & Visitation, 16 hr course, NYC Family Court Mediation Program, CMS (Jamaica, NY)
Certified Matrimonial Fee Arbitrator, (1995). Trained by the NYS UCS (Supreme Ct, Nassau County); hears and decides fee dispute issues within 3 panel group as member of NCBA's Conciliation Committee
Court Appointed Foreclosure Referee, (1991, recert. 2004) Queens County Supreme Court. Acted as judicial arm to inquire and report; auctioned property; supervised and facilitated sales; decided issues of fact as required
Part 36 Re-Certifications: Guardian Ad Litem; Receiverships & Referees, Supplemental Needs Trustee (July
2003), NCBA.

TEACHING EXPERIENCE

Taught Legal Writing and Research at Briarcliffe College (1992); Taught Legal Writing and Analysis at Queens College (Summer and Fall of 2006); Taught Business Law I and II at St. John’s University (Fall 1997-2000); Taught Agency and Employment Law at The Sobelsohn School (1991, 1994)

GENERAL BUSINESS EXPERIENCE

Insurance: 1994-1996, 2007-2008
Hearings Coordinator, Barnett & Associates, (Garden City, NY). Reviewed files for unemployment insurance hearings, gathered evidence, interviewed witnesses, assigned representatives and liaisoned with clients.
Account Representative Coordinator, Seabury & Smith, Inc., A Marsh & McLennan Co. (New Hyde Park, NY). Serviced nationwide group property & casualty personal lines insurance accounts.
Assistant to the Owner, Alvin Bruce Roper (Bellerose, NY). Handled all aspects of property & casualty insurance agency including new business applications, endorsements, book-keeping and claims

Banking: 1986-1987
Management Program, Republic National Bank (NYC, NY). Reviewed mortgage documents; Handled inquiries, investments, new accounts and marketing services related to individual retail banking
Loan Analyst, Chase Manhattan Bank (Lake Success, NY). Financially analyzed and adjusted student loan accounts; maintained reconciliation ledgers

Retail: 1980-1986
Red Flower/Sponsor, Macy's (Garden City, NY). Assisted department manager in all areas of retail operations; Supervised salesclerks; Approved checks, returns and merchandise adjustments, Scheduled breaks
Selling Services Manager, Abraham & Straus (Manhasset, NY) Executive Pilot Program, Supervised and coached 50 clerks over 4 departments to maximize customer service; Scheduled and maintained staffing levels
Assistant Buyer, Felix Lilienthal & Co., Inc., (Manhattan, NY). Liaison between 150 buyers and 175 showrooms; Responsible for merchandise selection, inventory and budgetary controls and marketing communications

EDUCATION

Hofstra Law School, NY (1987-1990), Juris Doctor Degree; Honors and Activities: Labor Law Journal: Staff 1988-1989; Elected Articles & Research Editor 1989-1990; B+ in Moot Court; published yearbook article

Saint John's University, NY (1983 - 1986), Bachelor of Arts Degree, Magna Cum Laude. Economics major, Psychology minor; Honors and Activities: International Honor Society in Economics; Achievement Certificate for Excellence in Economics and Finance; Columnist for political journal, student gov’t tutor in economics/statistics

Berkeley College, NY (7/80 - 12/81), Associate Of Occupational Science Degree in Marketing & Management; Honors and Activities: President's award for Highest Average in major; School newspaper monthly columnist; Planned and managed fund-raiser; Fashion show commentator