[Fredslist] HELP!! I need a new phone provider for 212# - and a fixer

Phyllis Weiss Haserot pwhaserot at pdcounsel.com
Mon Jan 24 13:53:01 EST 2011

Hi along the network.
I was happy with using NextGen Telephone but got a letter that I had
to find another provider by Jan. 11 because they were going out of
business. With only a week's time, I went back to Verizon. Each person
i talked with to explain what i want at Verizon gave me a different
story and different costs. I have spent hours, signing up, then having
to call and threaten to go to another provider before getting a better
deal, then finding that I am being billed still again for something i
didn't agree to - twice. They send nothing in writing so everything in
the dealings is oral.

I need a good, cheap provider for just one line and voicemail. No long
distance, unless I only pay if I use it. (I use my cell for long
distance.)
And I need to deal with the bills I am receiving that are not what I
agreed to.

Any suggestions, advice and help is much, much appreciated. Do you
have a cheap provider that is good and trustworthy?

Thanks in advance.
Phyllis