[Fredslist] Share the Shore, 8/20/11

Rick Raymond rickraymond at focusedbusinessleader.com
Thu Aug 11 22:53:20 EDT 2011

 Dear Fellow Gotham Members

I’m very excited to tell you about an event I have helped with for the American Littoral Society, where I am a board member.  If you use and value our coastal areas, your participation can help keep it for future use

The American Littoral Society is the oldest ocean conservation organization in the USA.  We even predate Earth Day!  For the last 50 years the Society has worked to conserve, defend, and promote the study of the marine habitat.  To celebrate a half-century of this impressive achievement, the Society will be hosting an event, “Share the Shore,” all day long on Saturday, August 20, 2011.  This free event is open to anyone, anywhere on the rivers, bays and ocean between Delaware Bay and Montauk.

You can participate by doing anything you love to do at the shore.  You’re probably going to be doing that on August 20th anyway.  Prior to the event, go to www.ShareTheShore.net, register your activity and where you will be doing it.

We hope to have at least 500 different individuals/groups registered for the event, doing at least 50 different “shore things.”  Fisherman will fish, surfers will surf, marine biologists will do whatever it is that marine biologists do, beach walkers will walk, kayakers kayak, fish-eaters eat,  and thousands of others who enjoy the coast in their own unique way will be demonstrating their love and commitment to maintaining their coastal environments. We invite you to join the celebration along with your family, friends, club, organization, or business to do your favorite ‘shore thing.’  Just register, and let us know, and if you take pictures send them to us.

Also check out the front page of the 7/31 Sunday NY Times Metro section.  It’s an article about Jamaica Bay, its loss of valuable life-producing wetland areas, and the man who has championed its restoration, Don Riepe, Director of the American Littoral Society’s NYC chapter.

See ShareTheShore.net for event details and to register.   Notice the event mascot, the horseshoe crab, an ancient and amazing sea animal.

To bring more awareness – which brings care and protection - to our coastal areas, pleases feel free to spread the word by sharing this email with all your friends who love the shore.

Best regards,

Rick Raymond

Richard Raymond Associates, Inc.
Succession Planning, Family Dynamics, Leadership Performance &
Entrepreneurial Development In Family Businesses
http://www.focusedbusinessleader.com/
http://richardraymondassociates.blogspot.com/

New York, NY • 212-777-0083

Read my article in the New York Enterprise Report magazine, and listen to my blogtalk radio interview on family businesses.
http://www.nyreport.com/articles/76617/succession_planning
http://tobtr.com/s/1394737