[Fredslist] Honoring Fred Klein

Judy Heft judithheft at optonline.net
Fri Jun 4 10:47:29 EDT 2010

I was one of the lucky ones ( thank you Scott Bloom) who attended the event
last night to honor Fred for his work with the Leadership and Public High
School. I was fortunate to spend some time speaking to a lovely young woman
who went through the HS and went on to Syracuse to get her degree, and now
has her Masters in Psychology. She is thinking about going on to get her
Phd. Juliana is only 23 and so articulate and mature that if I closed my
eyes I would have thought I was speaking with a seasoned business woman, not
a young woman of her age who has her entire life ahead of her. She really
impressed me with her wisdom. She also articulated beautifully how much the
mentoring program helped her and said that she is still in touch with her
mentor. She was the first in her home to attend college and said that
without this program the thought of furthering her education wouldn't have
been there for her. Her parents didn't encourage her to think about college,
the things we all take for granted growing up in and raising our children in
our middle to upper class families.

It was also an honor to hear Fred and his colleagues speak so humbly about
their work with this school and how theyy all came together. All three of
them are true heros. Indeed it was a very inspiring evening. I feel
priveledged to have Fred as one of my friends. And I am proud to know him.
And I fell blessed to have met so many wonderful people in Gotham in the
three short years I have been a member.

I looked up mensch in the dictionary and next to it it said Fred Klein.

Thanks and regards,

Judy

Judith Heft & Associates, LLC

Bill paying and daily management for busy individuals

office 203-978-1858

fax 203-978-1857

cell 917-494-3986

www.judithheft.com

 <mailto:judy at judithheft.com> judy at judithheft.com

LinkedIn profile: <http://www.linkedin.com/in/judyheft>
http://www.linkedin.com/in/judyheft

P please consider the environment before printing this e-mail