[Fredslist] Back to Private Practice

sfzinder at aol.com sfzinder at aol.com
Wed Dec 1 20:32:14 EST 2010

Gotham -

I am formally announcing that I have resigned (effective early February) as the General Counsel of Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center and expect to be opening my own practice (focused on New York healthcare law, not-for-profit corporate law, institutional lending and information technology contracting) in March.  The decision was a long time in coming but I am very confident about it.  I know many of you will be able to help me in a variety of ways (in addition to, hopefully, referrals) but first I need to reserve a website and find someone who can help me with it, and I could use to talk with someone who has recently set up a law practice for a small legal office. I may be a lawyer, but this one is new to me.  So... Gothamites, you know what to do.

Also -  it is the holiday season and many of us give to large organizations and hospitals - I would like you all to consider a donation to your local community hospital.  It may not be the place where cancer is cured, but it may be the place where the ambulance takes you in an emergency.  Big donations flow to the academic centers like New York Presbyterian, Sloan Kettering, Mount Sinai, NYU Langone, etc.... But the smaller places have less access to the big donations and your donation to your local community hospital that may not have a big philanthropic base will really help at a very basic care level.

That's my push for now,.... more to come as my plans form and firm up

Best,
Susan