[Fredslist] Sands Point Home

sfzinder at aol.com sfzinder at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 23:00:58 EDT 2010

Gotham - after 18 years, our mother is trying to sell her home in Sands Point.  It is an unpretentious but lovely family home in one of the best school districts in the country and it sits on approximately 2.5 acres of land in Sands Point.  She has signed with two co-brokers, so Gotham brokers, it's not an opportunity for you to get a full broker's commission - but if you know someone who wants to move to Sands Point - please contact my mother's brokers - - Richard Orent at 516-659-5220 or Cynthia Magazine at 516-456-9913.

The house is a little ideosyncratic, having been most recently renovated for our father who was a total type A personality, but also post stroke.  As a result, Gotham's own architect, Joshua Zinder (yes, my brother) won an AIA award for the accessible design of the master suite and first floor.  Accordingly, if you know someone who needs an accessible home, this house would be especially ideal for them.

That said - the following is a write up that I did for the house a couple of months ago:

It's the Spring in Sands Point, New York - -  the dogwoods and lilacs are past, the azaleas are in full bloom, andwe are waiting for the rhododendra to become heavy with blossoms.   We are also waiting for you todecide that you will enjoy the seasons in this unpretentious but well-crafted,lovely and spacious family home. Located on over 2 acres in Sands Point, New York, and in one of the bestschool districts in the country, this six bedroom, eight bath, house is idealfor the family that loves to live in nature, yet be close to the vibrantcommunity of Port Washington with its easy access to New York City.

Surroundedby trees (and in Spring, bright flowers), with lots of windows, the house islight and airy year round so you can enjoy all of the seasons not only fromoutside, but from inside, especially when you are sitting in the spacious andopen kitchen/great room with its own fireplace.

Itsmodern front entry is the perfect place to greet your visitors, while youinvite them to join you for a casual evening in the great room, or a moreformal evening in the living room with its fireplace, display wall and nooks,and dining room with tray ceiling and custom fiber optic lighting that canevoke whatever mood you wish to convey.   The dining room easily seats 16, but if the partiesyou enjoy are a little larger, on a number of occasions over 30 people havethoroughly enjoyed a sit down dinner in the great room.

Thehouse includes an award winning barrel vaulted master suite with his and hersbaths, and five other generously proportioned bedrooms.  One bedroom, accessible by a separatestaircase, is the perfect nanny/maids room (with its own full bath).  The home’s unique features not onlyinclude unusually generous closet and storage space throughout, rounded wallsrather than sharp corners, and an elevator with its own back up generator.

Whenyou need to relax, you can just sit outside on the deck adjacent to the greatroom, or by the very private pool, surrounded by tall trees with song birdswarbling.  The property includesnot only a gentle sledding hill, but green spaces near the kitchen that you cantransform into a modern vegetable garden. During Fall, the home is nestled in a blaze of color.  Comfortable as it is, the home is notso heavily decorated that you would not be able to transform it to your ownpersonal statement.

Fora private viewing to see how this modest exterior opens up to one of loveliestfamily homes in the community, please contact Richard Orent at 516-659-5220 orCynthia Magazine at 516-456-9913.