[Fredslist] Opportunity to honor Gotham's Founder, Fred Klein

JanPresent at aol.com JanPresent at aol.com
Tue Apr 20 13:39:50 EDT 2010

I have just returned from two weeks abroad,  (volcanic ash not
withstanding) and catching up on emails. I want to thank those  members of Gotham who
have responded so generously to my request to join in  honoring Fred Klein.
This is now my second opportunity to remind you of the  upcoming journal in
his honor and ask you to join your fellow Gothamites in this  much deserved
tribute. Let's do the Gotham thing and get everyone  involved.
Jane W. Present, Journal Chair and  Gothamite
GOTHAM’S CREDO IS “IT IS BETTER TO GIVE  THAN TO RECEIVE”
It is  fair to say that there isn’t a single member of Gotham, who has not
been  touched, in some way, over the past 13 years, by the generosity of
spirit of its  inspirational founder, Fred Klein, who has “given so much more
than he has  received.”
Now  there is an opportunity for all of Gotham to thank Fred for his vision
and the  overwhelming success of Fred’s list.
All  Gothamites know that “Leadership & Public Service High School” is Fred
’s  other passion. Since its inception in 1993, Fred has served as a
Founder, and  Fund Raising Chairman of the “Friends of Leadership”. His
determination has  helped to make the Friends’ program the largest and most
successful program of  its kind in New York City, applauded by Mayor Mike Bloomberg
and Schools’  Chancellor Joel Klein.
In  June, the “Friends” will hold a reception at Syracuse University Lubin
House to  honor Fred, Dick Adelman and Dr. Lonnie Morrison, for their
dedication to the  Leadership and Public Service High school. We are creating a
souvenir journal so  that everyone who would like to be included in honoring
them can participate.  The funds we all raise together will benefit the work
of the Friends in support  of the students at Leadership.
After  the reception we will publish the journal on Fred’s list, and
include the names  of all the contributors in the appropriate categories so Fred,
and all of  Gotham, will be able to see how appreciative we are for Fred’s
extraordinary  contribution to successful networking, and the students of our
city.
You  can donate now by clicking on _www.hslaps.org/benefit.html_
(http://www.hslaps.org/benefit.html)   .  You will receive a receipt of your
contribution for tax purposes. Your donation is fully  deductible.
Thank  you in advance for creating a memorable event for Gotham’s  founder.
Jane  W. Present, Founder, The Friends of Leadership, Journal  Chair
Ruth  S. Sherman, Chair, The Friends of Leadership
Meghan Lantier, Benefit Chair