[Fredslist] Q: Best Health Ins. for Self-employed?

Lee Ryder leeryder2 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 14 09:26:32 EDT 2009

Hi Iris: I switched over to Freelancers Union after leaving COBRA. I
investigate a number of options. The other was Mediabistro.

I chose the Freelancers Union plan with Empire BlueCross PPO because
it had all my current providers on it (which speaks well of the plan
because I switched over from United Healthcare which had excellent
doctors. It's a top of the line plan but the cost is under $500 a
month which I consider reasonable.

The Mediabistro plans offer Oxford as well as other carriers. The
Oxford plans limited coverage to one physical a year until you met a
deductible of $2000. They are more affordable at around $365/month.

Lee Ryder
304 West 75th Street
New York, NY 10023

212-877-6898(h)