[Fredslist] Q: Best Health Ins. for Self-employed?

IrisWolinsky at aol.com IrisWolinsky at aol.com
Tue Jul 14 08:47:39 EDT 2009

Hello all,

   A recent raise, once again, of over 17% in NYCBA group rate  for just me
for health insurance has me wondering about other options, and I  figured
this is the best place to gather input.

   A few people I know have now been with Freelancers Union  for 2-3 years
and speak well of it.  I was told they use all Blue  Cross/Blue Shield
providers.  However, a brief visit to their site  surprised me with options of
various other  insurance companies including GHI, Atlantis, Horizon, etc.
Does  anyone in Gotham use Freelancers and what do you think?

   Any other ins. companies or plans to recommend?

   Any input on - if there is such a thing as - reasonably priced  health
ins. rates - is greatly appreciated.  This is information the  self-employed
among us should be sharing.

   Have another beautiful sunshiney day!

   Thanks to all.

Iris