[Fredslist] Miracle on the River

Lucas Meyer lucas at 5thstreetadvisors.com
Fri Jan 16 14:36:39 EST 2009

I wholeheartedly agree with Janet Adler's assessment of the Miracle on
the River.  New York is without question the "greatest city in the
world."  We've come back from the horror of 9/11, and learned to pull
together.

What a spectacle to see the passengers on the wings of the airplane (I
saw it live), and to learn that all 155 souls were saved.  And while I
was working out this morning, I watched Mayor Bloomberg thank the rescue
workers for a job spectacularly well done.

This event and its happy outcome made this fifth-generation New Yorker
proud-as-hell to BE a New Yorker.

Lucas J. Meyer

5th Street Advisors, LLC

34 5th Street