[Fredslist] @JobAngels on Twitter

Jennifer Naylor naylorjt at optonline.net
Wed Feb 25 07:39:09 EST 2009

Hey Gotham,

If you are using Twitter or looking for an excuse to jump in, members of the
community are supporting Job Angels, a very loose Twitter-based organization
to support people needing work. Followers include recruiters, some
executives and those who just want to help.

If you are a job seeker, create your account (try to get a user name that
expresses your name, but keep it on the short side for reTweet (RT)
purposes. (e.g., I shortened mine from @JenniferNaylor to @JTNaylor), and
make your network public.

Follow @JobAngels and tweet what you¹re looking for using the #JobAngels tag
to make sure your tweet gets into their tweetstream.

Example: Senior video producer, 12 yrs. Exp. Looking for contract work in
NY-metro area. Profile at [URL]. #JobAngels

If you can help the movement, follow JobAngels, and message them what you
can do, or if you have an open position.

Feel free to call me if you need help on using Twitter. Remember: it¹s
another way to build your network.

Here¹s some sample tweets from today:

-- Posting! @buzzconnect1 seeks freelancer who knows social media & can
spend ~10 hours a week monitoring for BuzzConnect - anyone? #jobangels
-- NY angels! #jobangels @BobOReilly HR Exec spent last 25 years getting
jobs for others. I am now in need of one myself. Who can help?
--Willing to help! #jobangels @eclectiaI think I just found a job myself. I
am certainly willing to help someone else find a job.
-- WI or IL angels! #jobangels @BrianD82 Need HR job Resume at
http://briand.emurse.com. Willing to help others in their job search as
well.

I hope this is helpful to you and your network.

Best,

Jennifer

--

Jennifer T. Naylor