[FredsList] Dog boarding -- fall weekends -- Nassau County

David Abeshouse davidlaw at optonline.net
Tue Aug 11 12:59:51 EDT 2009

Gotham:

This weekend my wife and I took our son to his freshman year of college
upstate (football team practice starts early), and in less than two weeks,
we'll be taking his twin sister to start at her school down south.  The rest
of this fall, as new empty-nesters, we expect to be running back and forth
between his weekly football games, her school's Family Weekend, etc.

In the past, we've boarded our dog (7 year-old, 50 lb., cute Rhodesian
Ridgeback/beagle mutt), with my parents most of the time.  But they're
getting older and a bit less able to handle her (although they acknowledge
that she's sweet and pretty cooperative; it's just her exuberance that
they're getting less and less able to handle).  We need some back-up to
potentially care for our dog for one or two or three nights at a time, on
weekends.

Does anyone know of a conveniently located (preferably mid-Nassau), very
nice yet affordable place to board our dog for several weekends this fall,
in case my parents fall through on occasion, for one reason or another?

Any leads or info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

David J. Abeshouse