[Fredslist] 2009 Meeting Dates

Gerald Goldhaber geraldgoldhaber at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 16:06:22 EDT 2008

Fellow Experts:  At today's meeting during which we discussed the expert report, several of our members handed out samples of expert reports and we reviewed the details of what typically must be included in an expert report (e.g., materials reviewed, personal background and qualifications, fee schedule, recent testimony given by the expert via deposition or at trial plus, of course, your expert opinions (to a reasonable degree of probability) and their basis(es).  We also discussed what to do about drafts of reports and the need to qualify our conclusions pending the review of possible additional materials.
I handed out the dates for our 2009 meetings, all at 12:30pm at Fabio Piccolo Fiore's (230 E.44th between 2nd and 3rd Ave.):  Jan.12; Feb.23; March 30; May 11; June 22; Sept.14; Ocg.19; Nov.16; and Dec.14.  Our last meeting of this year will be Dec.8 at 12:30pm at Fabio's and will feature well-known Gothamite, Maria Guida, who will lead a discussion on motivational and interpersonal skills needed by the expert witness.  Future meetings will address such topics as Ethical Issues Confronting the Expert; The Pro's and Con's of Digital Evidence by the Expert; The Use of Blogs by the Expert.  Please feel free to send me ANY topics you would like considered for any of our future meetings or if you have any suggestions about potential speakers we should invite.  Best,  Gerry Goldhaber

 Gerald M. Goldhaber, Ph.D.
President and CEO
GRA, LLC
800 6th Avenue, Suite 26G