[Fredslist] FW: Blurb for Gotham folks

Richard Klein rdk at millerconsulting.net
Fri Oct 17 13:25:34 EDT 2008

Gotham.....

The following is from a dear friend of mine (and, of course, a soccer
teammate!) who started his own "green" company...he is looking for some
help, and we agreed that Gotham would be a great place to look.  Please,
let's show Seth how our magic wand works!  Anyone with thoughts, advice,
or suggestions for Seth should contact him directly (his contact
information is at the bottom of this email).

Thanks, Gotham......Rich Klein

>From Seth Frader-Thompson:

My company, EnergyHub, is developing a low-cost home automation system
for helping people reduce energy use and save money. We have a term
sheet in hand from a VC and are raising a small amount of money (as an
extension of our original seed round) to give us the flexibility to
start moving forward as we wait for the deal to close. If you're
interested in learning more, please let me know.

The EnergyHub system -- comprised of several hardware and software
elements --  extends the smart grid into the home. We provide
real-time energy information and simple home automation tools that
consumers use to save money on energy bills and utility companies use
to reduce peak loads. Our online software service gives consumers the
ability to remotely monitor and control the appliances and thermostats
in their homes, and gives utilities access to energy analytics and
improved demand-side management tools. By combining information with
automation, EnergyHub's system reduces home electricity usage by up to
20%.

Here's what Engadget had to say about EnergyHub:
http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/15/energyhub-minds-your-electricity-save
s-you-cash/

Best,
Seth