[Fredslist] Promo: A True Tale: How to Not Slip Up on Networking When You Slip

Adrian Miller amiller at adrianmiller.com
Fri Nov 14 07:18:44 EST 2008

Hi

I slipped on an oil slick in the garage at the Baltimore Marriott.
Reacting quickly---and wildly---I decided that saving my laptop was
far and away better than saving my body and so I lunged forward with
my left leg to catch myself and landed with a thud as the ankle gave
away and turned aggressively to the side.

Eight hours later, leg propped up, ice bag at the ready for the
prescribed 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off and best of all, feeling
some relief from the painkillers, I embarked on my plans for the
following day.

Slip notwithstanding there were emails to send, calls to make, snail
mail to send. Prospects to reconnect with, clients to follow-up with
and networking connections to pursue. I wouldn’t be running anytime
soon but that didn’t mean my fingers, brain and mouth could not be
engaged.

Out of sight, out of mind.  Let yourself fall off the grid and you
can be certain to not get any ROA from your business development
efforts.

Can you spare a day or two or even a few? Sure you can.

But too many folks allow themselves to fall off the radar screen and
then wonder where the business has gone or why it isn’t being landed
in first place.

Happy Friday.

Adrian Miller Sales Training
516-767-9288
516-445-1135 (cell)
www.adrianmiller.com
http://www.adrianmiller.com/blog/

http://www.askadrianmiller.com/

www.mysalesquestion.com/

See my book: The Blatant Truth: 50 Ways to Sales Success" at
http://www.theblatanttruth.com/

Follow me on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/amst

"What if we train them and they leave? What if we don't train them
and they stay?"