[Fredslist] (promo) What is going on with our environment?? Food shortage, oil prices, and more

David Alexander dba at opalcomputing.com
Fri Jun 27 09:17:59 EDT 2008

Greetings.  Once again I invite all of you to find out more in depth the
real story of what is happening in our planet.  Is nuclear energy safe?  Is
it even economical and a good long-term bet for energy?  What about
renewable energy sources?  Why is the price of oil rising?  What is causing
the world-wide food shortage (even Costco is rationing rice)? What can we do
about all of this?

These are just a few of the topics covered rather thoroughly at
http://www.PlanetThoughts.org.  Not all articles are visible on the home
page, but searching will find numerous articles on your favorite
environmental topics.  Want opinions and analysis, without the news?  Use
http://Blog.PlanetThoughts.org.  Or, to get an overview on ALL of this, see
the lecture by Patrick Murphy, a leading speaker and author, in
<http://www.planetthoughts.org/Index.cfm?pg=pt/Whole&qid=2211> this article.
If you have time, watch the four parts of the video from his talk, and read
the article and review his slideshow as well.  All about sustainability and
how to survive the crises while preserving or even improving happiness and
quality of life.  Going beyond a Plan B, he suggests a Plan C.

This Web effort does not earn any income, at least not yet.  However, it is
something of great importance for all of us to make sense of the bits and
pieces of news covered in the newspapers and radio, so we can make really
informed decisions about how we live and what political choices to make.
Read carefully selected articles with reviewed videos attached to shed more
light.  Find out more.  Know your Planet.

Thanks!

David Alexander
Opal Computing
(718) 343-4054
http://www.opalcomputing.com <http://www.opalcomputing.com/>

    Now! Visit http://www.PlanetThoughts.org
<http://www.planetthoughts.org/>  to
    raise your awareness, discuss, and act on the
    current crises in the planet's environment

The Science and Art of Software Systems
Quality and innovation since 1986