[Fredslist] Just do it!

Fred Klein fklein at kleinzelman.com
Fri Feb 22 09:38:22 EST 2008

Thank you Marc for capturing the spirit of the meeting (and Gotham)!

__________________________________
Fred C. Klein
Klein Zelman Rothermel LLP
485 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10022
(212) 935-6020
fklein at legal.org
http://www.kleinzelman.com
http://www.gothamnetworking.com

             Marc Halpert
             <ybillc at optonline
             .net>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  fredslist at gothamnetworking.com
             fredslist-bounces                                          cc
             @gothamnetworking
             .com                                                  Subject
                                       [Fredslist] Just do it!

             02/22/2008 06:47
             AM

Gotham:
Yesterday was the third time I have ridden the circuit since I joined
Gotham and it was a truly a great day. I was a guest at a joint meeting of
the Gotham Green and the Gotham Diversity groups. I asked the GCs of both
groups if I could attend and was enthusiastically encouraged. I took the
opportunity to do some business in the city, meet a fellow Gothamite for
some prospective business, and then had lunch with these two groups meeting
at one time and indeed it was worthwhile.

I reacquainted with those I have come to know over my 2 years as a
Gothamite and thus the relationships keep growing.  I introduced myself to
those who have responded to various inquiries I have sent to Fred’s List,
placing a face with and name. I personally met as many people face-to-face
as I could before and after the lunch.  Eclectic and innovative people
filled the room, each describing in a 1 minute intro what they do.  Cards
were passed around the room and I now have 26 people to follow up with. In
separate conversation with some of them, they added 1 or 2 other people
they want me to contact at their referral.  I have even received emails
from a few already.

So, why post this to Fred’ List? Because riding the circuit is a privilege
available for you to take advantage of and it’s easy. You will be
stimulated by meeting Gotham people doing amazing things and it feeds your
network in a very personal way. Tribal networking is what you make.
Feeling the camaraderie of being a welcomed guest at another group is yet
one more way Gotham deepen our business contacts deeper. Just do it!

Thanks and best regards,
Marc W. Halpert

a division of YBILLC providing
B2B invoice and online payments
without postage, paper, envelope or trash
www.greinvoice.com

a division of YBILLC, dedicated to the
cash flow needs of not-for-profits
www.e-givingonline.com

Your Best Interest LLC, using technology to
optimize cash flow for all sized businesses
www.yourbestinterestonline.com

PO Box 320048
Fairfield, CT 06825-0048
phone 203.373.0875