[Fredslist] My friend is looking for a Business Development position

Kathy Canfield Shepard kathy at canfielddesignstudios.com
Wed Feb 6 19:43:41 EST 2008

Hi everyone!

My good friend, Rick, has a very diverse background and is looking
for a new position. He has experience as a Business Development
Manager in the marketing/sales arena of health care, and in the same
organization, worked his way up from Customer Service to Account
Executive to Business Development Manager. He has also been the
Director at an upscale day spa, and has done contract recruitment for
Abbott Laboratories. Most recently, he has been looking for staffing/
recruitment type positions as well as Business Development positions.
He also has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Organizational
Management. I am including his resume below.

If any of you know of anything currently available, please feel free
to contact him directly - all of his contact info is below. Or if you
have any questions for me, please feel free to also contact me at
kathy at canfielddesignstudios.com or 212-243-5295.

Thanks everyone!
Kathy

> Richard E. Keegan______________________________________
> 255 W.23rd Street Apt.2CE, New York, NY.10011 917-301-5638
> rikkeegan at aol.com
>

> Management Professional
> Strategic Planning * Market Analysis * Process Development * Trend
> Identification
> Prospecting * Negotiating & Closing * B2B / B2C Sales * Vendor
> Sourcing & Management * Client Relations * Staff Hiring &
> Development * Coaching & Mentoring * Customer Service * Team
> Building * Sales & Marketing *
>
> Director:
> Repechage Day Spa: NYC 02/2006 to 09/2007 (Spa closed due to
> restructure)
> Effectively manage key business functions for this exclusive day
> spa catering to a select clientele. Key responsibilities included
> sourcing, hiring, training and development of all staff.
> Develop and implement administrative and other procedures, analyze
> operations to optimize efficiencies and personally manage all
> sales, marketing and promotional activities to magazine editors and
> business owners.
> Motivate and support staff as hands on leader. Built and maintained
> an environment of mutual cooperation and trust for superior
> performance.
> Spearhead sales and marketing campaigns along with writing and
> producing marketing and online collateral.
>
> Medical Esthetician:
> Derma Clinic, Westport, CT/ Maria Lacomme, NYC. 01/2002-present
> (Part-time)
> Implemented on-going training, as well as sourcing, hiring and
> staffing. Implemented a brand new technology known as the
> DermaSound Ultrasonic Treatment at both these high end day spas.
> Created advertising & direct mail campaigns significantly
> increasing utilization of this brand new treatment.
> Quickly built a steady and repeat clientele that utilized this
> treatment.(highest profit margin of all treatments at both these
> spas.)
> Increased new clients by 42% and retail sales by 30% within the
> first 3 months.
>
> Human Resource Recruiter: (Contract)
> Abbott Laboratories, Bedford, MA. 09/2000-09/2001
> Provided staffing support for this Boston area medical device
> organization of 700 employees.
> Implemented extensive sourcing of job applicants utilizing a
> variety of methods, including resume review,
> applicant                                 screening and conducting
> on site interviewing.
> Proven ability to build and maintain professional working
> relationships with numerous hiring managers from across the
> organization fulfilling their staffing needs.
> Filled numerous and varied positions throughout the organization in
> a timely and proficient manner after utilizing background checks
> and behavioral interviewing techniques.
> Awarded Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Contribution in
> Support of the Boston Location /Human Resources Organization of
> [...]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Call us for a free consultation!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kathy Canfield Shepard
President

Canfield Design Studios, Inc.
Web Design & Development  •  Print, Logo & Identity Design
Creative Marketing Solutions  •  Consulting & Training
http://www.canfielddesignstudios.com

The Swimming Paintbrush
Unique Watercolor Cards & Gifts
http://www.swimmingpaintbrush.com

Watercolors by Kathy Canfield Shepard
http://www.canfieldwatercolors.com

410 West 24th Street, No. 6L
New York, NY 10011

TEL/FAX: 212-243-5295

CELL: 917-579-0672
(IMPORTANT: Please also leave a message at 212-243-5295 if you leave
a message on the cell phone voice mail.)

EMAIL: kathy at canfielddesignstudios.com