[Fredslist] Today's Meeting With Alice Spitz

Gerald Goldhaber geraldgoldhaber at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 16:36:48 EDT 2008

Today's meeting of the Experts Group was a big hit among all those who attended.  We were treated to a comprehensive discussion led by one of New York's premiere litigators, Alice Spitz of the law firm of Molod, Spitz and DeSantis.  Our topic was the direct testimony and cross examination of the expert witness and Alice provided our members with many valuable tips on both preparing for and delivering our opinions and defending them during rigorous cross examination.  Her discussion was enhanced by many probing questions, suggestions and even war stories by our fellow experts.  Thanks again to Dan Schaefer for bringing Alice to our meeting and to Alice for taking time from her busy trial schedule to provide us with an extraordinarily valuable contribution to our knowledge and practice as experts.
  Our NEXT MEETING will be Wednesday, May 14 at the Friars Club (57 E.55th between Park and Madison) at 12:30PM.  This will be a joint meeting between our group and Gotham's Lawyers Group.  It will be an opportunity for both lawyers and experts to network and provide information to help each other's practices.  Topics for future meetings will include a discussion of Daubert and its impact on our practice as well as verbal and nonverbal presentation/persuasion skills that are helpful for experts.  More on these topics and the presenters at a later date.  Please let me know if you will be at the May 14 meeting.  Gerry Goldhaber

Gerald M. Goldhaber, Ph.D.
President and CEO
GRA, LLC
800 6th Avenue, Suite 26G