[Fredslist] A Time for Leadership, A Time for Change

David Alexander dba at opalcomputing.com
Mon Oct 29 16:38:17 EDT 2007

Good day.

Please add this to Fred's List:

******

Step It Up, a national environmental day intended to push a change in
government policies and attitude, will be observed on November 3rd, from 3pm
to 5pm, at 38 Old Country Road in Garden City, Long Island (Meadowbrook
Parkway to Old Country Road, and go west about one mile, just past the large
water tower).  The gathering is being organized by Gotham Green member David
Alexander ( <http://www.planetthoughts.org/> http://www.PlanetThoughts.org).
The event is titled "A Time for Leadership, A Time for Change" to indicate
the vital importance of focusing energy and action on changing our impact on
the global environment.

There will be brief expert talks and discussion on the latest in global
warming science and in collaborating with local governments to implement
environmental change.  In addition, there will be discussion on building
momentum for future change, a T-shirt giveaway and other giveaways, and
ample opportunity to network with leaders and members of local and national
environmental groups.

Meet friendly and informed people who care about the environment we live in.

More information can be found here:

http://www.planetthoughts.org/Step-It-Up-Flier.pdf and
<http://events.stepitup2007.org/november/events/show/2531>
http://events.stepitup2007.org/november/events/show/2531

Responding groups include Citizens Campaign for the Environment;
Neighborhood Network; Long Island Progressive Coalition; and others.

******

Thanks,

David Alexander
Opal Computing
(718) 343-4054
 <http://www.opalcomputing.com/>  <http://www.planetthoughts.org/>
http://www.PlanetThoughts.org - Love your Planet
 <http://www.opalcomputing.com/> http://www.OpalComputing.com - The Science
and Art of Software Systems

   Now! Visit  <http://www.planetthoughts.org/>
http://www.PlanetThoughts.org to
   raise your awareness, discuss, and act on the
   current crises in the planet's environment.

The Science and Art of Software Systems
Quality and innovation since 1986