[Fredslist] Re Real Estate 101

JADLER115 at aol.com JADLER115 at aol.com
Mon Oct 8 12:12:55 EDT 2007

Well, it seems as if the insurance agents and the attorneys in Gotham are
reading my weekly letters and are hard pressed to allow me to keep it simple.

However, II feel I must clarify Bob Domaleski's promotion of title insurance.
  So far we have not gotten to the responsibilities of the buyers attorney.

When you buy a co-op it is the responsibility of your attorney to have a
title search done.  This search will answer all of the question addressed by Bob's
e mail.  There are times when the buyer's bank will require title insurance,
however a good title search negates that requirement and most attorneys feel
that if the bank does not require it, why should they recommend it to their
clients.  It is costly.

However, if you feel that you need Title Insurace, I would highly recommend
that you call Bob.

Janet Adler
Janet Adler Realty, Ltd

1 212 427 3809