[Fredslist] Support Donald Bernstein in the 2007 Out of the Darkness Overnight Walk

dbernstein at victorbernstein.com dbernstein at victorbernstein.com
Mon Mar 19 11:54:35 EDT 2007

Dear Friend,

As you may know, I lost my father to suicide fifteen years ago, the day after his 60th birthday.  Even now, so many years later, I am tormented by wondering what I could have done to prevent it.

I could not help him.  But maybe I can help others.

I will be joining with hundreds of people to walk 20 miles through the night in the Out of the Darkness Overnight to benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.

My personal fundraising goal is $2,500.00.  I would appreciate any support that you give me for this worthwhile cause.

The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is at the forefront of research, education and prevention initiatives designed to reduce loss of life from suicide. With more than 30,000 lives lost each year in the U.S. and over one million worldwide, the importance of AFSP's mission has never been greater, nor our work more urgent.

I hope you will consider supporting my participation in this event. Any contribution will help the work of AFSP. Checks should be made payable to AFSP and are 100% tax deductible.  You can also donate on line if you follow the link below.

Thank you for considering this request for your support. If you have any questions about the Out of the Darkness Overnight or AFSP do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Donald Bernstein

Please visit my Overnight fundraising page if you would like to donate online or see how close I am to reaching my personal goal:

http://www.theovernight.org/?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmid=10008020

Follow this link to make a donation:

http://www.theovernight.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=walk.supportwalker&walkerid=10008020