[Fredslist] Save the Date MONDAY APRIL 16

IrisWolinsky at aol.com IrisWolinsky at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 18:25:01 EST 2007

Hello All,

       Please find all the info  on Riverside Choral Society's Spring Concert
Monday evening,  April 16, St. Thomas' Church - 53rd and 5th in
midtown...which has such great acoustics and the "great organ" built in  1913!  The Missa
Brevis is a simply beautiful piece of music which I also  sang in college; the
Schnittke (the name is German but he was actually Russian)  is also a great
piece, exciting and challenging, which we sing in up  to 12 parts.  For tickets
just contact me.

     What a great way to end tax season - hear  wonderful live music with our
usual great orchestral players, and  for those who commute in, no special
trip to the city cause you can go right  after work!

     Scroll for more  details...

____________________________________
 Copyright 2006 Chris Lee
____________________________________
       Monday,  April 16th, 2007 at 8  PM
St. Thomas Church
Fifth Ave. at 53rd  St.

>From Grief to  Glory

Patrick Gardner,  conducting

Justin Bischof, organ
Rutgers University Percussion  Ensemble
She-e Wu, director
Schnittke:  Requiem
Composed by  one of the twentieth century's most inventive composers, the
Requiem by Alfred Schnittke is a vibrant, eccentric and  provocative setting for
chorus, soloists and an instrumental  ensemble made up of brass, organ,
piano, percussion, bass and  electric guitars.   Kodaly: Missa  Brevis

Kodaly's Missa Brevis, composed as an  Organ Mass during the depths of World
War II, is a richly elegant  and contemplative work. Mixing the emotions of
grief and elation, it  ultimately shines with hope for a brighter future.
Don't miss this concert  performed in the magnificent Saint Thomas Church
with "The Great  Organ" built in 1913.
$30 VIP Seating
$20 General  Seating

Iris